Here’s a great way to serve wild King Boletus Mushrooms. Especially around Thanksgiving. Or any meaty mushroom you can find.
Sauteed Wild Mushrooms with Cranberry
Port Wine Butter Sauce
- 1/2 lb. wild mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (Crannies)
- 1/4 cup sliced red onions
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 3 oz whole butter
- 4 oz port wine
- Melt the butter in a medium hot saute pan
- Add the garlic, red onions and sliced mushrooms to the melted butter in the medium hot pan until partially cooked
- Add the dried cranberries and port wine to the pan. Continue to cook until the mushrooms are done the the sauce is thickened (the sauce will be thick enough when a spoon drawn through the pan leaves a temporary blank trail).
Presentation serves two (or three):
This dish is so pretty that no elaborate presentation is necesary. Simply divide and serve with some crusty bread for sopping up the sauce.